What is IPD?
Connelly Electric has experience in IPD projects within the Educational and Healthcare Industry. Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) is a project delivery approach that integrates people, systems, business structures, and practices into a process that collaboratively harnesses the talents and insights of all participants to optimize project results, increase value to the owner, reduce waste, and maximize efficiency.
IPD principles can be applied to a variety of contractual arrangements and IPD teams can include members well beyond the basic triad of owner, architect, and contractor. In all cases, integrated projects are uniquely distinguished by highly effective collaboration among the owner, the prime designer, and the prime contractor, commencing at early design and continuing through all phases of design and construction. Through LEAN Construction, design, and pull planning, target value is driven into the early stages of the design.
IPD also requires a high level of communication and collaboration, and Connelly Electric’s on-site BIM team and Pre-fabrication facility enables that, making us better designers and builders, achieving full potential benefits.
Benefits of IPD
- Project Management Improvement through increased collaboration
- Design Flexibility Enhancement
- Goal Alignment between all members of the project
- Construction Conflict Reduction / Less issues in the field
- Risk Reduction
- Waste Reduction
- Increased owner comprehension regarding property management
Our IPD Projects
- Advocate Aurora Health-Condell Medical Center ICU Expansion & Tower Buildout | Power Construction
- ASSH Procedural Center Hazel Crest, IL | Power Construction
- Amita Ambulatory Bartlett, IL | Power Construction
- Amita Ambulatory Woodridge, IL | Power Construction
- Amita Ambulatory Carol Stream, IL | Power Construction
- Amita Ambulatory Lake Zurich, IL | Power Construction
- Advocate Lutheran General Garage Expansion, Park Ridge, IL | Power Construction
- AGSaH Chiller Phase III | Turner Construction
- AIMMC Central Sterile Processing Department, Chicago, IL | Boldt Construction
- Aurora University Dining Hall, Aurora, IL | Boldt Construction
- Aurora University Southlawn Utility Infrastructure Aurora, IL | Boldt Construction
- Aurora University Institute for Collaboration BuildingAurora, IL | Boldt Construction
- Aurora University Parking Garage Aurora, IL | Boldt Construction
- Aurora University Parolini Music Center Aurora, IL | Boldt Construction
- University of Chicago Mitchell Hospital RevitalizationChicago, IL | Berglund Construction